Effective Date: December 2015
At Secure One Capital Corporation, customer service, trust and confidence is our main priority. We would like to describe our privacy policies, the steps we take to protect and maintain your information and to let you know, how you can choose how your customer information may be shared.
Information We Collect
We collect nonpublic personal information about you, including:
- Information we receive from you on applications, surveys, online registrations or other forms (such as your name, address, assets, income and debt)
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others (such as account balance, payment history or information about our communications with you)
- Information about your creditworthiness, credit history and other facts about you that we obtain from consumer reporting agencies or from providers of marketing and demographic information
- Information from other outside sources regarding their employment, credit or other relationship with you or verifying representations made by you, such as your employment history, loan balances or your property insurance coverage
Protecting the Confidentiality and Security of Your Information
Keeping financial information secure is certainly one of our most important responsibilities and only those who need it to perform their job responsibilities are authorized to access your information. We take commercially reasonable precautions to protect your information and limit disclosure by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards.
Information Use and Disclosure
We may share information we have about you to give you superior service and to make a wider range of products available to you. We may share this information in the following ways:
With Our Affiliates
The Fair Credit Reporting Act gives you the opportunity to limit the sharing of “non- experience information” among affiliates of Secure One Capital Corporation. “Non-experience information” includes information that is used, expected to be used, or collected for the purpose of establishing your eligibility for consumer credit, insurance or deposit accounts, and is not related solely to your transactions or other experiences with us, including information:
- From your applications, such as your income or marital status
- From a credit report, such as your credit history
- From sources used to verify representations made by you, such as your open lines of credit or employment history
- Within the Secure One Capital Corporation family of companies, we may share the customer information we collect with:
- Affiliate companies providing financial and other services, such as mortgage lenders, insurance agencies, home security companies, lawn care and pest control companies and residential homebuilders
If you prefer that we not share non-experience information about you with an affiliate of Secure One Capital Corporation, you may opt out, that is, you may direct us not to share this information, by calling us toll-free at 1-877-810-8587.
With Third Party Service Providers, Joint Marketers and As Otherwise Permitted by Law
We may work with non-affiliated companies or organizations to provide services on our behalf in connection with the servicing of your account or to provide you with opportunities to buy products or services offered by us or jointly with other financial institutions. Consequently, we may disclose some or all of the information that we collect to the following:
- Companies that perform services on our behalf, such as check and statement printers, data processing companies and vendors who monitor the status of insurance on the property
- Companies with whom we have joint marketing agreements
For your protection, we require that these companies keep all personal information secure and confidential.
We may disclose some or all of the information that we collect as permitted by law. For example, we may share personal information:
With regulatory authorities and law enforcement officials
- To protect against fraud
- To report activity to credit bureaus
- To respond to a subpoena
- To service your account
With Other Third Parties
We may disclose some or all of the information that we collect with non-affiliated companies or other organizations, including:
- Financial service providers, such as mortgage bankers, securities broker-dealers and insurance agents
- Non-financial companies, such as retailers, direct marketers, membership clubs and publishers
- Other companies and organizations, such as non-profit organizations
If you prefer that we not share nonpublic personal information about you with non- affiliated companies and organizations as described in this section (except information described above under Information Sharing “With Third Party Service Providers, Joint Marketers and As Otherwise Permitted by Law”), you may opt out, that is, you may direct us not to share this information, by calling us toll-free at 1-877-810-8587.
Maintenance of Accurate Information
We have established commercially reasonable procedures designed to ensure that your personal information is as accurate and complete as possible. If you believe that our records contain inaccurate or incomplete information about you, please notify us by calling 1-877-810-8587 or sending a written inquiry to us at Secure One Capital Corporation, 555 Anton Blvd, Suite 900, Costa Mesa, CA 92626 or by email at email@example.com. We will take all reasonable steps to investigate your concerns and correct inaccurate information in a timely manner.
If you pay off your account, your account is later sold to a third party investor or you, in some other manner, become a former customer, we will continue to treat and safeguard your information as described in this notice.
Companies Providing This Notice
Upon contacting the customer service department at the above listed toll-free number, your opt-out choices will be as reflected below.
- Please do not share non-experience information about me with an affiliate of Secure One Capital Corporation.
If you opt out, you may not receive offers for other products or services from the affiliates of Champion Mortgage that may be of value to you.
- Please do not share nonpublic personal information about you with non-affiliated companies and organizations as described in this notice (except information described above under Information Sharing “With Third Party Service Providers, Joint Marketers and As Otherwise Permitted by Law”).
If you opt out, you may not receive offers for other products and services from companies and organizations not affiliated with Champion Mortgage that may be of value to you.
Note for Accounts with Co-Borrowers: Your opt out choices will also apply to co- borrowers.